Thursday, June 30, 2011

Recipes and Some Other News

I found some recipes that I think would be great for this summer.

Red Lentil Burgers- I bought alot of red lentils while I was at the store a few weeks ago. I want to try this recipe because it's the only one that does not require bread crumbs. I would add a few spices according to how I want them.

Focaccia Buns (use vegan ingredients)- This recipe is for an Italian bread that is traditionally flat. I think making buns from scratch is a much healthier alternative to buying them from the store. For some reason, store bought breads never seize to surprise me with their peculiar ingredients that I have to look up on Wikipedia.

Raw Key Lime Pie- Key lime pie is one of those old recipes that people don't prepare much anymore. I like to think that it's up there with the fruit cake. However, this raw alternative can be a better fit than the traditional recipe.

General Tao Tofu - This is for those vegans who still love fried foods. I think the Southern part of my background can attest for this. Fried, tempura based tofu can be tricky and difficult to perfect sometimes. Still, the finish product is amazing. Making Asian-inspired dishes is better than ordering tak-out. It beats eating in mystery.


Raw Vegan Alfredo Sauce- This recipe is great for the fettucini recipe that I linked last year. For an extra richness, I would make this recipe pure vegan and no so much raw by adding soymilk or almond milk or something else for extra richness.

Watermelon Cooler (Raw) - This is a raw vegan cooler made of watermelons. For those who are just vegan, sweeteners such as turbinado sugar, agave, maple or stevia extract can be added to this along with other fruit juices. This can even be spiked with an alcohol such as hard liquor or wine or both.

Sweet and Sour Tofu -This recipe is similar to the regular sweet and sour recipe except it's vegetarian.

Tetrazzini - When I was an omni, I used to love tetrazzini and any Italian dish with cream sauce in it.

Club Sandwich (Vegan) - Club sandwiches are not traditionally vegan. Most consist of a slab of meat, lettuce, tomato, bacon and a mustard. However, this recipe is a healthier and cruelty version of the classic sandwich.


Apple Cake - This cake is an original twist because it uses apples, not as a glaze but in a cake. This a great cae for a special even such as a wedding or birthday.

Vegan Caesar Dressing- A modern, vegan version of an ancient recipe.
Some other News

Vegan Meatballs - This is another meatball recipe I found online. I want to try this recipe as opposed to the others that I posted, because this one seems more interesting and versatile.

Vegan Meatball 2- This recipe will work better for the vegan meatballs than the previous because the ingredients are easier to find. I plan on adding mushrooms, celery and carrots to this to make it "meatier".

I decided that I don't want go to this school or live in this city. I feel so detached. I never understood why until I went back home. Maybe it's better off that I live in the same place as my family. Good friends are hard to come by. Some people can handle living on their own without close friends or relatives near them. I am one of those people who could live on my own as long as if I am close to the basics and the city is good enough to walk somewhere at two in the morning. Sounds crazy, but I don't think that I should be punished for walking out late just because I'm a woman. I hope that I'll like living at home again as much as I like having my own space here in where I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment