Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hair Day: New Hair Products

Eversince I've cut my hair from being damaged by a chemical relaxer and neglect, I've been wearing my hair natural and without a perm for almost a month. So far, I really love how soft, curly and healthy my hair is, and I hope to embark on a journey that makes my hair even longer.

Finding new products for my new hair type has been challenging, as most products cater to finer, straighter hair or chemically relaxed hair. Online on previous post, I did give a link for natural products. So far, I've tried an ALL VEGAN brand of shampoo, conditioner and hair creme and so far it has made my hair soft after washing and styling. before I used the all natural product, I used the Head and Shoulders Two in One Shampoo/Conditioner, then the vegan products by SheaMoisture. They do have a line for those who have eczema or flaky scalp.

So far, my hair turned out to be nice and soft. I mistakenly used a bit too much product thinking that it would not be enough to cover my locks. The price is a bit much, almost $10 for conditioner, shampoo and hair creme each. I think the price is not bad considering that I've seen products that sold for $30 for an 8 ounce bottle of shampoo. I think if I had more money and made it as an artist, I would be able to pay that much for shampoo. I think it's best if I spend my money on art supplies, not hair products. Shea Moisture is not expensive considering that it's VEGAN and all NATRUAL. I plan on trying other products from this line in the future. I forgot to also mention that if you want, you can order the products from the company's website or Target's Website, or you can go directly to Target and purchase it in person.

Other tips for Natural Hair:

If you do not like to wash your hair often, like I used to hate wash days, then washing your hair with shampoo and conditioner twice a week will be good enough. If you still use the chemical laced hair serums as a glosser on your hair and like to wash the hair at least three times a week, then it's best to stick to a cheap hair conditioner and co-wash (condition wash/Washing with Conditioner) on the weekdays and have a shampoo day on the weekends and keep moisture in the hair with oils. Hopefully, I can find a cheaper cowashing conditioner that is still all natural. My worst nightmare is becoming a product junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment