Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Birthday Cake

I'll be turning twenty five soon. The last time I had a birthday cake that was not vegan it was my twentieth birthday, and my aunt bought it for me. Since being vegan I haven't had any birthday cake since. I have tested different types of cake with a vegan recipe I used from a website that I came across that helped transitioned me to veganism.

When I tried the recipe I made a regular coconut  pineapple cake with coconut frosting topped with macademia nuts. I loved it, my mom did also. In the fall that year I tried out a vegan carrot cake that was not as successful, because the frosting melted into the cake, causing it to be too moist.

For my niece's birthday, I broke the virtues of veganism when I had a nonvegan cupcake . I'll admit, it was gross, because it was dry and the frosting was too sweet for my liking. I don't know what I'll do for my own birthday. I was thinking of just trying out some cake recipes. I think this weekend I'll go to Walmart to buy one along with some other items and get other items from WinCo.

I think going to the movies and eating out before or after will be the cheapest party. However, I am a huge supporter of homecooked food. To be honest, it's much less expensive than eating out. One trip to the grocery store can get all the food items I need.

Here is the recipe:

http://www.cok.net/lit/recipes/desserts.php#lemonilla

In my honest opinion, this is the best vegan recipe so far. It's very versatile and many substitutions can be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment