Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Qualms About Moving Back On Campus vs My Current Living Situation

We usually tell people in vulnerable and sensitive situations not to dwell on what happened. We also tell people that we should not cling on to the past and dwell on it, even when the person saying these things does not follow his or her own advice. I know why I am not happy in my apartment that I've lived in since the middle of May. Partially it reminds me of my ex. Another reason is because of the rediculous rules about what is allowed here and what isn't. The best reason is because where I live there's excitment. Majority of the people here are over 40, they have a small town mentality and they are just gross. I almost forgot to mention the unsafe walks back home late at night. This part of the town I live in makes me want to move back home. Living on campus, though I did not like the kids who lived there last year over all, it made me want to at least stay in Reno, because living on campus was like a whole different world. I thought about just moving into another apartment. It will be an offer that I'll still consider. I may even go to Campus housing tomorrow and tell them that I want to move in for Spring if it's possible.


I like that there is a kitchen here, where I live. I do not like that there aren't many grocery stores close by. In other words, whoever planned this city needs to be slapped. Hard. Across the face with a huge red hand print. Seriously. I did get somewhat lucky finding a Mexican grocerystore. I know it won't have tofu, wheat gluten or tempeh, but there is always a weekend that can be designated for grocery shopping. Those days can be used to take a trip to the grocerystore via cab or a friend.

I decided that from now on, starting tonight that I'll be catching the bus to the major supermarket. I would save so much money if I do so, even with taxi. It's much cheaper than smaller grocery store and for some reason, I feel like the woman at the Mexican market keeps rushing me out. She's weird. Don't give money to those who do not know any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment