Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grocery Shopping And The City (Random Post)

I've been putting it off too long for whatever reason, and it's very detrimental to my well being. No, I'm not talking about the S word. I'm talking about grocery shopping here in this little city. I know it's very silly to put something off based on fear, whether it's fear of getting lost, fear of strangers or fear of being out in public. I wish that I had the same sense of innocence about this city that I had when I first came here for school in Spring 2009. I know that my fears are genuine, because I experienced them this summer. After this summer, I philosophically and sociologically came up with the inception that multiculturalism is not beneficial to some parts of society. I'll save that for a blogpost for my other blog.

Anyways, it does not mean that I have to stop living my life just because of other people. One of the reasons why I came to this school and to this city is to experience what it's like to live in a place that is very different from the place that I was born and raised. I have Southern Californian blood. California is like another culture within a culture. I appreciated this SoCal culture more when I came here and people would ask me what brings me to this small town. I am so grateful that I'm willing to drop everything just to be with my family and close friend, even if the economy in Cali is so called tanking. To be honest, the California economy is doing really well for it to be in a deficit and a recession.

I never rode the bus here alone before. I was either with my friends, with my mom when we first came here, or I got rides from people. As stubborn as I am, If I could walk to the grocery store (two miles from home), I actually would. So, tomorrow, I'll ride the bus there and catch a cab back.

No comments:

Post a Comment