Friday, September 24, 2010

New Kitchen Gadgets

The other day, when I went to pick up the ingredients for my tempura recipes I saw some kitchen appliances that I want to buy from my local Walgreen's. They had a 12 Speed blender, a hand mixer and a fryer. They also had the George Foreman grill, but I'm waiting for them to make their panini maker available because it's cheaper. I don't want to get carried away with kitchen gadgets. My mother's smoothie maker is broken due to over use and what I do love about classical pots and pans is that they last longer than most kitchen gadgets. I can attest to this when I tried to make beans in my mom's twenty year old crockpot. At least she gets to keep the ceramic pot and the glass top that goes with it. She can us it for the oven and just toss out the cooker.

When Walgreen's makes the slowcooker available, I'll be sure to grab it. The vegan recipes for the crockpot are endless. My birthday is coming soon and I want to make a cake. The handmixer will come in handy. I don't see too many people from the dorms anymore, so I'll just make cake for my two neighbors if they want any. Maybe it will be a coconut cake with plain frosting, or plain cake with coconut frosting or something like that. I also like cupcakes. There are many recipes around for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment